Catch a Spring Training Game!
Spring is upon us once again (what happened to winter?), and that means that Cactus League baseball is back in Phoenix again! Residents of the Valley can now catch 15 of the MLB’s 30 teams get geared up for the 2016 season without ever leaving the Phoenix area. Here’s where you can catch your favorite team and players right here in the Valley.
Cactus League Schedule
Spring training lasts throughout the month of March and ends on the 2nd of April this year, with the Diamondbacks taking on the World Champion Kansas City Royals at Chase Field. Otherwise, the games can be caught in several locations through out the valley. Here’s a list of the stadiums and their respective home teams:
- Camelback Ranch – Chicago White Sox, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Goodyear Ballpark – Cincinnatti Reds, Cleveland Indians
- Sloan Park – Chicago Cubs
- Maryvale Stadium – Milwaukee Brewers
- Peoria Sports Complex – Seattle Mariners, San Diego Padres
- HoHoKam Stadium – Oakland Athletics
- Scottsdale Stadium – San Francisco Giants
- Surprise Stadium – Kansas City Royals, Texas Rangers
- Tempe Diablo Stadium – Los Angeles Angels
- Salt River Fields at Talking Stick – Arizona Diamondbacks, Colorado Rockies
Cactus League baseball is more popular and more convenient than ever before. To make it a full day of baseball, you can even catch two games in a single day without traveling far. For tickets, visit the box office of the home stadium of the team you want to catch, or go to cactusleague.com/tickets-stadiums.php.
Especially if you have kids at home for spring break, catching a cactus league game is a great way to get them out of the house! For a full schedule of games, as well as news and stats on your favorite teams and players, check out mlb.mlb.com/springtraining/. We’ll see you at the ballpark!